Wednesday 21 April 2010

Inspiration: Jacek Yerka

I feel so lucky to have found this artist as I absolutely adore his work. Having played Machinarium, the art style really got my attention and Yerka style of art has some similarities to it, specially in his environment images.

What I like about these images in particular is that I can relate them to my idea for the introduction to the game. Focusing dramtic unusal changes inside a place which we feel is comforting to us. I am really drawn to the images above and below of the bathrooms. The top image more so because of its connection with natural elements. I love the idea of plant life from a pond or lake growing inside the bathroom and because the house I am using also has nature growing inside it, it fits perfectly and a good source of inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment